Annual Street Listing Census
MA law requires an annual street listing of residents as of January 1 each year (M.G.L. c51 s4). These forms verify and update the name, address, age and occupation of all residents in preparation for the Annual Street List which includes all residents age 17 and over. It is important that you promptly review your form, make changes as needed, sign and return it to our office even if all the information is correct. Alternatively, you can download a blank Annual Street Listing Census Form (PDF) and return it to our office.
By responding, you:
- Maintain your voting status as active;
- Provide accurate records for public safety officers;
- Have access to Proof of Residency Letters even if you are not a registered voter;
- Provide information for selection of Jurors; and
- Ensure an accurate count of residents for the purposes of determining municipal and school services
Every 10 years the Federal census is taken to redistrict the Town based on voter population.
The Annual Street List Of Residents is published in late spring and is available in the Clerk's office for a fee of $20.